Power BI December 2020 Feature Summary
The last update of 2020 is here! We know you are excited for this update, like a kid excited to open their presents. So this update is our holiday present to you!
So what is in the box? Well, first of all, not one but two long-awaited features are now available in preview: Small multiples and DirectQuery for Power BI datasets and Azure Analysis Services. We know the wait has been long, but the time is finally here to start using these features.
But wait, there are more gifts to unpack!
What about data protection sensitivity labels making their appearance in Power BI Desktop? Or a new Home List experience in the Service? Want to set a custom to publish message? You got it. Dark mode support for our Android app? Done.
To top it off, there are a couple of new visuals and template apps this month and updates in the data preparation, data connectivity, developers, and embedded space. We even have a couple of pointers to what is coming soon.
Enough to keep you busy during the holidays. Speaking of which, due to the holidays, there will be no release in January. We wish you all safe and happy holidays as we close off 2020. Thank you for being part of our community this year, and looking forward to seeing you in 2021!
Here is the complete list of December updates:
- DirectQuery for Power BI datasets and Azure Analysis Services (preview)
- Small multiples (preview)
- Data protection sensitivity labels in Power BI Desktop (preview)
- Increased rectangle select data point limit
- The selection pane is now available in the mobile layout view
- Automatic page refresh for Analysis Services and Power BI datasets
- Power BI search in Microsoft Search in Bing and Office now generally available
- Home List experience
- Custom publish message
- New export settings are available in the Power BI admin portal
- Power BI Premium per user public preview now available
- Quickly create reports in the Service (coming soon)
- Dark mode support in the Power BI Android app
- Anomaly detection is now supported in all mobile apps (iOS, Android and Windows)
- New look for Embedded scenarios
- New capabilities in embedding for your organization
- Personalize visuals experience now fully supported on embedded scenarios
- New Q&A embed experience
- Power BI APIs & Life-Cycle Management
- Coming Soon
- New Admin APIs and Service Principal authentication to make for better tenant metadata scanning
- Power BI Visuals Platform adds support for conditional formatting
To see demos of the highlights, check out the video below.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!