What is BI?
Business intelligence is a technology-driven method. It helps you to analyze data and to provide actionable information which helps corporate executives, business managers, and other users to take decisive business decisions.
What is a Power BI?
Power BI is a Business Intelligence and Data Visualization tool which helps you to convert data from the various data source into interactive dashboards and BI reports. It provides multiple software connectors and services.
Watch video https://youtu.be/yKTSLffVGbk
Why use Power BI?
Here are four primary reasons for using Power BI tool:
- Pre-built dashboards and reports for SaaS Solutions.
- Power BI allows real-time dashboard updates.
- Offers Secure and reliable connection to your data sources in the cloud or on-premises
- Power BI offers fast deployment, hybrid configuration, and secure environment.
- Helps you in data exploration using natural language query
What are the important components of Power BI?
Important components of Power BI are:
- Data Integration
- Data Processing
- Data Presentation
What is Dax Function?
It is a formula expression language called (DAX) that can be used with various visualization tools like Power BI. It is also known as a functional language, where the full code is kept inside a function.
What are the data types of Dax?
Data types of Dax are:
What are the essential applications of the Power BI?
Power BI is mainly used by:
- PMO – Project Management Office
- Business & Data Analyst
- Developer & Database Administrator
- IT Team, IT Professional
- Consumer for End User Report
- Data Scientist
What are the drawbacks of using Power BI?
Here are the main drawbacks of Power BI:
- Dashboards and reports only shared with users having identical email domains.
- Power Bl does not mix imported data, which is accessed from real-time connections.
- Power BI can’t accept file size larger than 1 GB.
- Dashboard does not accept or pass user, account, or other entity parameters.
Name out three important Power BI tools
Three important power BI tool are:
- Power BI Desktop—It is used for desktop computers
- Power BI service—It is an online software as a service tool
- Mobile Power BI apps—They are used for iOS and Android devices.
What are the important components of the Power BI toolkit, and what do they do?
- Power Query: It allows you to discover, access, and consolidate information from different sources.
- Power Pivot: A modeling tool.
- Power View: It is a presentation tool for creating charts, tables, and more.
- Power Map: Helps you to create geospatial representations of your data.
- Power Q&A: Allows you to use natural language to get answers to questions.
What types of data types are available in Power BI?
Important Data sources used in Power BI Desktop are:
- Power BI
- Online Services
What is grouping? How can you use it?
Power BI Desktop allows you to group the data into small chunks. For grouping, you should use Ctrl + click to select multiple elements in the visual. Right click one of those elements which appear in groups window
Explain the term responsive slicers.
On a report page, you can easily resize a responsive slicer to various sizes and shapes, and the data contained in it should be rearranged according to it. In case if the visual becomes too small to be useful, an icon representing the visual ability to take its place, thus saving the space on the report page.
Define the term ’M language."
It is a programming language used in Power Query. It’s a functional, case-sensitive language which is similar to other programming languages and easy to use.
What information is required to create a map in Power Map?
Power Map can display visualizations which are geographical in nature. That’s why some kind of location data is needed, for example, city, state, country or latitude and longitude.
What are the important features of Power BI dashboard?
- It allows you to drill through the page, bookmarks, and selection pane.
- It allows you to create various tiles like web content, images, textbox, and integrate URLs.
- Allows you to set report layout to mobile view.
What are the steps to go to Data Stories Gallery in Power Bi communities?
Steps to go to Data Stories Gallery:
- First, open PowerBI.com in a favorite browser.
- By hovering on Learn
- Click on Community
- Scroll down little, and you will find Data Stories Gallery.
- Anyone can submit her or his Data Story as well.
Where incremental licensing refresh feature is accessible?
Incremental refresh feature mainly used for high-end scalability of data by publishing only on that workspace in Power BI Service where Premium capacity is needed.
How can you analyze Power BI reports data in excel?
You need to follow the below-given steps:
- Open Power BI Admin portal, go to tenant settings and select -> Analyze.
- Check that Power BI Administrator has enabled Excel option or not.
- Then at the upper right corner, click settings to download and install Excel updates.
- Next, go to the left-hand side navigation pane, go to the workspace, click on the dataset, click on Eclipses (three dots) and select Analyze in Excel.
- Download ODC file, save, and double click on it.
- After that needs to provide power BI user id and password.
What is Power Pivot, and what are the filter writes in Power BI?
Power Pivot is an in-memory component which offers highly compressed data storage. It helps you to build a data model, creating formulas, relationship, calculated columns from various resources.
Filters are applicable in:
- Visualization level
- Page Level
- Report Level
How can you perform Dynamic filtering in Power BI?
Dynamic Filtering in Power BI is done using the following steps:
- Once all the data are set up, publish a detail report to Power BI.
- Publish it to group workspace.
- Create a filter link
- Create a DAX calculated column.
- Public overview report
What is Power Pivot Data Model?
It is a model that contains data writes, tables, sections, and table relations. These data tables help you to develop for holding data for a business substance.
What is Power Query?
Power query is an ETL tool which helps you to clean, shape, and modify data utilizing instinctive interfaces without doing anything.
Which programming language is used in Power Query?
M-code is a new programming language that is used in power query. It is similar to other programming languages and easy to use.
List out benefits of using Variables in DAX.
Here, are benefits of using DAX function:
- By declaring and evaluating a variable, the variable can be reused multiple times in a DAX expression, which helps you to avoid additional queries of the source database.
- Variables can make DAX expressions more useful and logical.
- Variables is only scoped, which should be measure or query which can’t be among measures.
What are Tiles in Power BI?
Tile is an important feature of power BI services and can be said as a picture of the data which can be pinned to the dashboard.
What is on-premise gateway?
On-premise gateway acts as a bridge which helps you to transfer the data, which is on-premise (not on the cloud) safely and securely.
Name two types of connectivity modes in Power BI?
Two types of connectivity modes used in Power BI are:
- Direct Query
Explain the term data alerts.
Alert works on data that is refreshed, Power BI looks for an alert, and it reaches the alert threshold or the limit then the alter will be triggered.
What is the calculated column?
It is a calculating expression of DAX which allows calculation on data stored in a new column.
What is query collapsing?
The process of converting the steps in power query editor to SQL and executing it by the source database is called query collapsing.
Explain data source filter.
It is a parameter to filter the data into machines.
What is content packs?
These are pre-built solutions build for popular services as a major part of the Power BI experience.
What are the types of filters available in Power BI Reports?
Important filters of Power BI reports are:
- Visual-level Filters
- Page-level Filters
- Report-level Filters
What is Bookmark?
Bookmark in Power BI helps you to capture the configured view of a report page in a specific time. This includes filter and state of visual which can use a short cut to come back to the report that you can add as a bookmark.
What are the advantages of using a variable in Power BI?
Variables help you to create more logical Queries and which should be used for multiple DAX functions.